6/18/2014

Halfway There!

A little over half way as a matter of fact.  Second trimester has been great.  The babies are kicking away although I can't tell which kick came from who, but assume the lower kicks are Grayson and the kicks up higher are Hallie.  Yes, we picked names!  Grayson James and Hallie Ryan!  It was so exciting to finally call them by name.  Aaron talks to them all the time.  He couldn't be more excited, and couldn't be sweeter or more nurturing.  He has dinner ready every night when I come home, and helps me around the house so I can relax after work.  He is definitely I keeper!  I couldn't ask for a better daddy for our twins.  He is very protective, and has been known to taste test my virgin pina colada to be sure no alcohol was accidentally added and stick a finger in the tub to check the water temperature. He is also a stickler about my diet.  No eggs over medium, limited caffeine and fish ect.  He read up early on and is on top of the details.  I love that he is so involved and caring; melts my heart a little.  A few weeks back I asked him to stop by Starbucks for a tall (the smallest size) vanilla latte and he brought back the teeniest, tiniest latte I have ever seen.  I didn't even know they made cups that small!  I love his heart and how much he loves these two already.

Worlds smallest latte

This week I start seeing Dr. Daum on a bi-weekly basis to check on the babies, my cervix and see how we are progressing.  Our last check up went well.  Grayson measured 15inches and Hallie about 13.  He will keep an eye on them to make sure that she keeps up and doesn't fall behind him in terms of growth, but Dr. D. was very pleased overall.  My cervix is a bit shorter than the average, but not a reason to worry right now.  Dr. D will keep a close watch and restrict my activity if it starts to shorten.  We love seeing them and are happy to check in on them every two weeks!

Pregnancy has been really exciting.  Any yucky feelings I had cleared up almost as soon as I hit the second trimester.  I am getting bigger and having a hard time getting comfortable at night, but am getting enough sleep to get me through the day.  I love an occasional nap on my days off to catch up on some of the sleep I'm missing out on at night.  Last night I had my first experience with leg cramps.  I woke up suddenly and screamed, 'ouch, cramps!'  Poor Aaron shot out of bed asking me what was wrong, but I couldn't respond until the cramping stopped.  It was definitely unlike any Charlie Horse I've ever had.  I'll try and drink more water and have been told bananas help.  We shall see.  I can't imagine drinking much more water than I am now.  I might have to move into the bathroom permanently. 

The nursery is coming along really well.  So far we have it painted and the cribs are up.  I can't wait to see how it all comes together.  I have everything picked out and am now just ordering and waiting.  We love going in their room and imagining two little stinkers crawling around!  The dogs do too, but pretty soon it will be a no dog zone!
Nursery Design Board

My shower is around the corner.  Mom, Karlos, Andrea and Ali are hosting for me.  I can't wait.  I know it will be perfect!  Mom, Krystal and I registered a few weeks back.  It was so overwhelming.  We were happy to have Krystal (and sweet baby Channing's help).  I hope I still look halfway decent at my shower... so far I have gained 15lbs.  I think I am pretty in line with what is expected for twins (35-45lbs).  My goal is to be at the lower end of that range so I've recently started making better diet choices so that I don't gain too quickly.  Towards the beginning of pregnancy I ate whatever I could stomach... usually not the healthiest options.  I couldn't stand the thought of cooked veggies or baked/grilled chicken.  Thankfully, I am over that and have been eating a more balanced diet.  Fruit sounds good ALL THE TIME; watermelon, pears, oranges, bananas, grapes and apples have been regulars on my menu.  I had a frozen banana with chocolate last night that was amazing!  It may not have been the healthiest choice, but better than a bowl of ice cream :)

Registering!


Lastly, we celebrated Father's Day this past weekend.  I wasn't sure if Aaron would be into it, but he really was.  We had a great time with the family and saw Aunt Janie while she was in town.  Aaron got some great gifts from the family... Ranger's outfits for both G&H, a baby Bjorn carrier, a diaper bag and History Maker Homes onesies his parents surprised him with!  He keeps saying he wants G to dress like him rather than some of outfits I've bought for him, and now he will!  When we first started dating he wore his dad's company logo shirts on a few dates which was funny to me, because I work at History Maker too.  He will never live those days down and now G&H will be dressed just like their dad!

I can't believe in just a few months our family of two will be a family of four!  We couldn't be more blessed.

Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment