7/03/2014

24 Weeks!!

This weekend we will celebrate my 24th week!  At 24 weeks the babies are considered viable at birth. Of course we plan to go much further, but when this all started my biggest fear was labor before 24 weeks. Tomorrow marks two weeks of bed rest.  Surprisingly it has gone by fairly fast.  Having the mindset of 'whatever it takes' has helped.  In the midst of not knowing what was going to happen I promised myself not to complain about bed rest no matter how long or mundane if we could just prevent pre-term labor.

Yesterday we had my first doctor appointment since leaving the hospital.  We saw one of Dr. Trimmer's partners, Dr. Rodriguez.  She was as pleasant as the rest of his team.  She said my stitch is doing its job and keeping the three of us stable.  She measured a little differently than Dr. T who measured my cervix at a 4.5 abdominally.  She measured a 3.2, but said threre was no cause for concern as it's normal to have different results measuring abdominally versus internally.  Dr. R said the babies look 'beautiful' weighing approximately 1.6 lbs each.  They move around constantly.  I love this and know they are doing well when I feel them all day long. Aaron is now able to feel and sometimes see them when they move in certain positions.  Aside from mild but annoying heartburn I feel great going into my 6th month.  I've gained about 19lbs so far.  My appetite hasn't been the same since this ordeal, but I attribute much of that to not burning as many calories.  I'm craving watery fruit  and no longer have any aversions to chicken or cooked veggies.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July.  Aaron's family is coming over to BBQ for lunch. I can't remember the last time I didn't see fireworks on the 4th.  Last year at this time we were praying that we would start our family soon.  Next year we will have two sweet little ones to dress up and take to 4th of July parties.  What a difference a year can make!

Happy Independence Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment