1/03/2010

The Proposal - The Short, Sweet Version



The morning after the proposal we drove back out to the spot and had coffee. Then I made Aaron do a reinactment :)











New Year's Eve day Aaron and I drove with Dustin and Kacey to West Texas to ring in the New Year at the Eddleman's ranch with a big group of friends. We arrived in the afternoon and started cooking, playing games and visiting with friends. Just before dark Aaron asked me to go with him up to Bob Town, a beautiful spot that overlooks the rest of the ranch. When we got there a fire was burning just at the edge of the cliff. We sat by the fire and talked about what an amazing year we have shared together. I stood up to warm my hands by the fire and when I turned around he was down on one knee and asked me to 'please, please' marry him! The moment couldn't have been more perfect, it was just like I always dreamed it would be. There was a lot of laughing and hugging on the ride back, I think we were both a little bit speechless! All of our friends were in on the secret so by the time we arrived back to the barn they were there waiting to congratulate us. We opened the barn door to tons of cameras flashing, lots of hugs and our song playing... probably the song you are listening to right now if your speakers are turned up (by Keith Whitely).

It was an awesome day and we were so happy to celebrate with our friends while welcoming 2010 as a newly engaged couple! I guess this means it is time to start planning a wedding... YIKES!



5 comments:

  1. That is SO sweet! And I love that you returned to the barn to y'all's song playing. hahahaha! Makes me giggle to think about it. Congrats again, you guys are a perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sweet Kacey's idea! I swear she was more excited than anyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed getting a recap of the "engagement"! Congrats to yall, love you both, and couldn't be more happier for yall!!! Perfact for eachother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't have been more perfect! Love you guys both so much!! I know the future ahead is going to be AWESOME for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe...sweetest story :) Can't wait to hear all about the wedding planning! You better keep us posted through this blog :) Weddings are my FAVORITE! Can't wait till the big day!

    ReplyDelete