1/05/2010

Meet Marlie


Miss Marlie

These lil fatties were born a week later and they
are more than twice her size!
(pics were taken same day)

Eric loved this funny little guy.

Eric & Tracy came to see the puppies too!

I have been around dachshunds all my life and am crazy about them! Dad and mom still have sweet and (very) old Steffie but when I moved out several years ago they wouldn't let me take her with. I got Mia, 3 years ago and recently decided she needed a playmate. Aaron suggested a lab, I suggested a dachshund. In effort to be fair I agreed to get another breed but after being around Mia Aaron has fallen in love with her so... we are bringing home Marlie in the next couple of weeks! Marlie is a teeney, tiny black & tan short haired mini. When I say tiny I mean TINY! She is half the size of the litter that was born a week after her. They weigh in at 2.5lbs and she is just a little over 1lb! The breeder took her to the vet for a wellness check out of concern that she may have growth or developmental problems. Fortunately she reported back that Marlie checked out just fine, she is just a little bitty girl :)

5 comments:

  1. ahhhh so precious! yall are so freakin photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have a blog now! PRECIOUS!!!!!!! So excited for you too! Love you bunches girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that is the cutest puppy EVER! When ya'll getting her home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! a new member to the Clark fam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so sweet! I have been going back and forth on getting a brit puppy. I just don't know how Nikki would feel at the ripe old age of 14 if we came in with another brittany spaniel pup. After seeing Marlie though... Oh Nicole she is just too cute

    ReplyDelete