7/25/2014

27 Weeks!!

We had a great visit with Dr. Cresan today.  Both babies look really good and their fluid levels were exactly where the should be.  Dr. C hadn't seen us since the day it was determined I needed a rescue cerclage and was admitted to the hospital.  She was very pleased to see everyone doing well and agreed that the stitch is holding stable.  Next week I will we her again and also see Dr. Daum for routine 28 week testing.
Bed rest has been pretty uneventful, thankfully.  It was over two weeks ago Dr. D said we would be lucky to make it two more weeks and I'm proud to be home with no signs of labor.  We have relied so heavily on our faith throughout this journey and chose to pray and BELIEVE that we would beat the odds and statistics. There are days when the quietness and stillness of it all get to me, but I always come back to how grateful I am to still be carrying our babies.  It's a blessing that I am very aware of.  I know several families who were not so fortunate.  My heart breaks for those families.

So here is what's happening during the 27th week.
How far along? 27 going on 30 + !
Total weight gain: 23. My goal is to stay at or under 40-45lbs in total and any less are bonus pounds I won't have to work off during the holidays. That ought to prove an interesting challenge! Hey, that's what New Years Resolutions are for, right? Recommended gain with twins is 35-45. I set my goal at 35 originally, but due to no activity with bed rest the higher end of that range is more realistic. 
Maternity clothes? Yes and no. I wear maternity tees, tanks and yoga pants, but I also wear a lot of Aaron's tee shirts. Sadly, the cute maternity clothes I bought are hanging in my closet   wondering where I went.  I rarely wear makeup and don't dry or straighten my hair to avoid sitting up more than I need to.  That should mean radiant skin and healthy shiny hair, right!?
Stretch marks? None so far. Fingers crossed. Tightly.      
Sleep: Overall I sleep well. I was concerned I would have trouble when I went on bed rest, but surprisingly I've slept a bit better. I get up 2-4 times a night to use the bathroom and usually fall asleep after my last medication alarm goes off at midnight. I wake up between 8am-9am. When I don't have visitors during the day I usually take an hour or so nap. It helps to pass the time.                    
Best moment this week:  My weekly highlights.  1. Good report from our weekly check up.  2. Getting out for my doctor appointment today. It felt great to put on a little make up, my wedding ring, and feel the sunshine.  3. We received a few baby gifts in the mail which is always exciting.  4. My friends continue to love on us. In the last week Tracy, Spencer, Jenn C, Jenn D, Kacey, Krystal, Alison L, Lauren A and Sara all came by to visit and drop off goodies. Mom continues to stay once or twice a week to help out. We are truly blessed! 
Miss anything? I miss swimming with friends, sushi, church and my freedom, BUT not more than my desire to keep our babies safe and sound! 
Movement:  Constantly!  The doctors often have to maneuver around quite a bit to measure because they are so busy. It's funny to see my stomach move and bulge in various spots. 
Food cravings:  Chocolate! 
Symptoms:  Heartburn.  Often. 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope. 
Labor Signs:  Not really. I have Braxton Hicks occasionally, but the Procardia every six hours keeps them under control. Praying we don't have labor signs for many more weeks! 
Wedding rings on or off? Off. I don't wear jewelry at home. It does fit, however. So far, no swelling. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy much more so than moody. I know many women fight depression, sadness, anger ect on long term bed rest, but thankfully that has not been the case for me. Each day I wake up thankful for making it one more day. I've read that one day of carrying prior to preterm is 3 less days in the NICU. Not sure how accurate that is but sounds good to me! 
Looking forward to:  Meeting our son and daughter. The holidays. The ability to do things for myself. Hitting our 30 week goal. 

Grayson on top and Hallie on bottom. 
 My big ole 27 week belly before heading to the doctor. 




27 weeks and counting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment