8/01/2014

Hello Third Trimester!

Today is the start of many new things... Beginning of August marking my 6th week on bed rest, my 7th month of pregnancy and third trimester/28th week! Celebrating these milestones makes each day/week easier. I feel really good and am growing by the day. As always, I'm so grateful to have come this far, counting my blessings daily.

My 28 week appointment went well overall. Mom went with us to this appointment so that Aaron could go to work right after. She loves seeing the babies as much as we do. The Sono tech scared us all when she spent almost 10 minutes looking at Grayson's heart and then had Dr. Cresan look further. Fortunately, he was just at a difficult angle that didn't allow them to see all 4 chambers of his heart but all looked well. He now weighs 2.10lbs and she weighs 2.6lbs. He is a little ahead and she is right where she should be in terms of average size for their gestational age. More good news; they are both head down which will allow natural delivery rather than a c-section. Her head was up a few weeks ago and sideways last week so she slowly moved in the right direction. Good girl. Now we hope she says there! My stitch is still stable and holding, but there is increasingly more pressure on it from my growing uterus. This bummed me out a little, but is unavoidable. I suspected this may happen based on the pressure I'm feeling when I stand or even roll to my other side while laying down.  She suggested more laying and less walking and sitting up. Really? Is that even possible?? I lay down ALL day long with exception of bathroom trips, a shower every other day and doctor visits. She also wants my legs and hips elevated again like I was in the hospital. Aaron lifted my daytime bed in the living room with bricks and I'm not sitting up to eat anymore, instead I prop myself up on my elbow. This makes for extra laundry, but I can't sleep on a pillow case with my dinner on it. We knew Dr.C is preparing for the babies to make their arrival when we asked if we could move our appointments to Fridays rather than Wed/Thru. She said prefers us to come in the middle of the week in case I need to be admitted so that our team of doctors are available rather than on call weekend docs. When we asked her how long she thinks I'll continue to carry she said she would love to see us make it to 32 weeks, but of course we hope/plan to go further! This is when I remind myself He is in control.

We continue to pray and trust in God's timing and Believe our littles will arrive when they are supposed to no matter how big or small. God has given me a strong peace about our journey.  I know we will have two perfectly created babies in our arms very soon!

Philippians 4:7 
'And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'

Highlights this week... Aaron's Aunt Kathy and Uncle Tommy came over to visit while they are in town from Belize. I finished a great book about a mother's fight for her autistic son, enjoyed a surprise delivery of chocolate covered strawberries and the baby's bedding arrived.. It's the little things! 

G on top. H on bottom. They look so different from one another!
 Two little heads๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/01/2014

    Didnt even know you had a blog
    SO proud of you!
    love you bunches
    whit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never share it but have kept it so I can make books for our family. Love you Whit!

      Delete