8/15/2014

30 Weeks!!!

How far along? 30 weeks! Can I get a round of applause?!?!
Total weight gain:  28 so far.  My doctor said 30-35lbs is average at this point of my pregnancy. I'm under the average weight?! I laughed and told Aaron it's probably lack of muscle. Anyway, I'll take it! 
Maternity clothes?  Yes, but nothing exciting to report here besides t-shirts, tanks and the once a week doctor appointment wear I actually where maternity yoga pants and throw some make up on. Fashion is wayyy down the priority list these days. I look forward to my fall wardrobe once the babies are here. 
Stretch marks? None.  Fingers still crossed.    
Sleep: Sleeping well at times and others not so well.  I'm experiencing pretty regular Braxton hicks which keeps me up counting and timing making sure they are still sporadic and not true labor contractions. A few nights ago one of the babies was laying or pressing against my bladder causing me to get up every few minutes. It was extremely uncomfortable but I finally fell asleep sometime after 3. Surprisingly, I'm not exhausted when nights like this occur. I wonder if that's my body preparing for the sleepless nights to come? Hmmmm.      
Best moment this week: Everything about 30 weeks makes us so happy! My 30 week appointment went even better than we expected. This is the first week in several that my cervix did not continue to shorten but actually measured longer at almost 1.6cm! Each week I prepare myself for a shorter cervix knowing that when it's gone my risk for infection and water breaking increases drastically.  Aaron's mom later told us she's been praying specifically over the last week I would measure longer. I never thought it would grow so I've prayed for stability but Karlos' prayers have been answered. Wow! Dr.C said we are exceeding expectations and she is thrilled each new week we are in her office rather than labor and delivery. Hearing we are exceeding expectations feels soooo good! Grayson and Hallie continue to grow and are now 3.2 and 3.1lbs. He is just a tad bigger than her.  She is transverse again (sideways) so I may need a c-section after all. We will leave that up to the doctors to decide the safest and best delivery plan without getting our hopes up for one way or another. Thanking God for these awesome blessings!
Miss Anything?  Being outside. Sushi. Going to Starbucks. Church. All soon enough.... :)
Movement:  I usually have a baby part sticking out somewhere, and if not, one or both of them have the hiccups.  It seems like I feel Grayson move more than Hallie.        
Food cravings:  Depends on the day. A friend brought her son over the other day and he had a grape Capri sun. Luckily Aaron was home so I could send him on an 'emergency' grape juice run. Holy cow... who knew Ocean Spray grape juice has 70 grams of sugar?! One bottle was almost more than half of an adults recommended intake. Yikes! Of course, I drank it anyway but good reminder to make fresh juice for the kiddos!
Symptoms:  I am super congested from laying down and I have terrible heartburn which is likely from laying down as well. Lately, my hips feels like they've been beaten with a hammer. Dr said this is not only from laying on my sides 23 hours a day but my hips and joints are changing as we get closer to delivery. 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.
Labor Signs:  Only continued Braxton hicks. Hopefully, I won't have any real labor signs for a few more weeks. If I do, I will be admitted to the hospital to attempt to prevent pre-term labor. 
Wedding rings on or off? Off. No jewelry needed for the couch. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: So happy, so grateful, so blessed! 
Looking forward to:  Meeting our precious babies and bringing them home. I can't wait to fill our house with baby smells and baby cries! I'm also looking forward to having two little bundles of joy during the holidays....my favorite time of year is getting closer! I've dreamed of Christmas with our children for as long as I can remember. I absolutely can't wait.
Highlights this week:  Jolene, our longtime family friend from Washington is staying with mom this week and they brought fresh salmon and crab cakes Vince caught back home. Great to see her and YUM! Shout out to Mom for her birthday! I feel bad I can't celebrate with her but her two little birthday presents will be here soon and we will celebrate then :)

Happy birthday, Mom!!! We love you and appreciate ALL you do for us!!! 

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL!!! WONDERFUL!!! WONDERFUL!!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete