8/25/2015

ONE YEAR OLD!

It's hard to believe Grayson and Hallie are one year old.  I'm not sure how it happened so fast, but here we are.  Time can be such a thief, can't it?!  There are days I want to slow everything down, but honestly, if I could I wouldn't.  I love this stage, I love watching them learn and grow.  I love reminiscing about what we were doing 12, 11 and 10 months ago.  I would bet that every mom takes a trip down memory lane as their children approach their first birthday.  I remember our excitement and anxiety leading up to delivery, bed rest (how could I forget my glorious days on the couch!), being wheeled into surgery prep, hearing their sweet little cries and the relief that washed over me when I knew they were healthy.  All I wanted were two healthy babies, and our prayers were answered.
We had a perfect first birthday party the day before their birthday with our closest friends and family. The theme was an ice cream social, Two Scoops are Better than One!  Mike and Mom loaned us their new home, thanks guys!  We had hot dogs, sliders and of course, ice cream!  Karlos made their smash cakes, which were cute as can be.  They dug in, made messes and were perfectly adorable as expected.
Aaron took the day off on their birthday so we could spend family time together and Mom joined us.  We had lunch at Rainforest Cafe and then to Sea Life.  We had a blast and the babies really seemed to enjoy it.   All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday and celebration for our loves.  It was a special weekend, making memories that will be cherished forever.

Now for the good stuff.  Here is what my munchkins are up to in their twelfth month.

Grayson
25 pounds
28 inches
8 teeth
Still in helmets, but will be out next month.  HOORAY
Hair is getting long and curly in the back.  Daddy says no to cutting it for now.
Sleeping from 7pm to 6-7am.... can we get a round of applause!?
Says, "Jet" constantly.  Jet is Mom and Mike's dog.
Standing for a few seconds with no support.
Walks with push toys, loves this.
Eating pancakes, pork, cheese, yogurt, broccoli, cantaloupe.  LOVES puffs.
Loves to be outside on the patio.
Blows bubbles and mimics mommy when I make funny noises.
Thinks Daddy is the funniest person in the world.
Loves being around his grandpas.
Overall, he a silly, loving little man, who brings us joy that cannot be put into words.

Hallie
19 pounds
27 inches
3 teeth - her right eye tooth is the most recent.  Left is close behind.
Also still in helmet.
Has new pink glasses that are to be worn all day.   Also, has patching she must do for an hour.  The glasses come off often, and the patch is not her favorite, but all-in-all, she is doing well with both.
Hair is growing, a little awkward phase.  She has a little tail that hangs from her helmet and cracks me up.
Sleeping in the pack in play in our play room.  She tends to go to bed later, but sleeps well through the night.
Says, "uh-oh" all day.  It's the cutest!
Turns pages of her beloved books.  Always looking at her books.
Loves to dance to music.
Loves Mickey Mouse and grins from ear to ear when we ask her if she wants to watch it.
Walking with push toys.
Pointing.
Startling when something unexpected happens.
Eating same as Grayson, starting to like finger foods better. For both we are transitioning out of pureed foods.

They are starting to play and really interact with one another.  I watched as they played in their tree house almost as if it were hide and seek.  They were both squealing and laughing the whole time. MELT.

They are changing so fast.  Everyday I notice something new.  I am sure I am a bit bias, but it has been fascinating to watch them learn and develop.  I promised not to be the parent that thinks their child is the smartest, best looking ect, but I can certainly see how parents are completely in awe of their children, because I am.

Here are two of their one year old photos.  I have many more to upload, but will have to do that later!




Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment