6/15/2017

For Grayson and Hallie

Grayson and Hallie,

In life, we are constantly reminded that we are not promised tomorrow.  We are, however, promised as believers of Jesus to spend eternity together.  I rest easy at that thought.  If I were to leave this world early there are so many things I would want you to know.  Most importantly, I would want you to know that you have brought me more happiness and joy than I ever knew possible.  I loved my life before having you.  I had a fulfilling career, your Dad as my best friend, our faith and church family and an army of loving friends and family.  You could say we had it all.  We did, but then you two came along.  There is a common saying that once you have a child or children you know what it feels like to have your heart live outside of your body.  That's what loving you feels like.  My heart lives inside of you and your daddy, and of course with the Lord.  The love is so big that it is hard to put into words.  I can't begin to tell you how many times a day I stop and look into Grayson's big blue eyes or at his joyful grin and think, how lucky am I?  Hallie gives me a kiss on the cheek, puts her head next to mine and closes her eyes and says, 'ahhh, I love you Mommy.'  It's heaven on earth, you two.  You melt my heart time and time again.  You were perfectly made by our Creator and I am in awe of His creations.  If ever I doubted my faith in God, all I have to do is look at my family and know, science can't explain this love or these beautiful souls who have captured my heart.  I want you to know that I will love you no matter what, under all circumstances and forever & ever.  You and Daddy are the greatest gifts I'll ever know.  I am far from perfect, and will make mistakes along the way, but you will never have to doubt my love for you.

Watching you grow is nothing short of amazing.  You are both so smart, thoughtful and so much fun to be around.  I love to watch Grayson use his big imagination in the world of superheroes.  There is a lot of discussion around Batman, Superman, Spider-man and occasionally the Hulk, too.  You're giggle and smile melt my heart everyday.  A few days ago while Hallie was sick you crouched down, put your little hands on your knees and said, 'how ya doing, Little Lady?'  You absorb everything around you and even when we think you aren't paying attention, you are!  Lately, you haven't wanted to eat what we serve you, unless it's fruit or something sweet.  We are seeing your stubborn side!

Hallie, you are sweet and smart as can be.  We have enjoyed watching your 'performances' as you sing "Let it Go' and make up your own songs standing on the fireplace.  Princesses and dollhouses are your cup of tea these days.  You're independent and catch on quickly.  This week you spelled your name for Dr. Prater and she asked if you were really just two, rather than 3 or 4.  You impressed her and were so good for her.  I laughed when you asked to go back to the doctor later in the day.

Day in and day out, you fill my heart and life with love and joy.Being a mom is special, and being a mom of twins is something I am so proud of and thankful for.

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment