6/15/2017

Mother's Day 2017

Every year on Mother's Day I am overwhelmed when I look at the beautiful women I am surrounded by.  I'll never take for granted the cards and flowers I get to buy for these special women or the calls I get to make to say thank you for being a blessing and role model to me.  This has been a season of ups and down for the health of our family.  It seems to be one of those seasons where one there is one thing after another to worry about, but in the midst of it all, I find myself thankful.  Thankful for each one of the special bonds and relationships I share with the men and women in our family, whether they are near or far.  I realize not everyone has a support system like our family does.  Not everyone has an army of people to worry about, love and be loved by.  So today, I choose to rest my worry in the arms of Jesus just like He asks us to.  I will instead, focus on being thankful and present.

As for being a mom myself, I still can't get over how blessed I am to be Grayson and Hallie's mother.  Being their mom is the greatest gift I could ever ask for.  God has granted me with more than I deserve.  Nothing can prepare you for the love of a child.  That love grows everyday, just when I think I can't fall deeper in love, I do.  It's the little things, the joy, the cuddles, it's the hard days.  Motherhood is my greatest honor and the best job in the world.

Hallie and I kicked off MD with her first mani/pedi.  She chose a light pink shade with sparkles.  I was so proud of her as she sat perfectly still in the chair admiring her newly painted hands and toes.  Her face during the mini-massage was priceless, I am not sure if it was bewilderment or disgust, but it was pretty hilarious.  She didn't know what to think of the sugar scrub being rubbed over her cute little feet.  Grayson melted my heart later in the afternoon when I came in the door and he ran to me with his arms outstretched, yelling, "Mommy!  We got a surprise for you!"  He was tickled to have a present for me.  Daddy helped pick out a study bible that I have been wanting and Hallie picked out yellow daisy's.  I love my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment