1/12/2010

Supper Sisters













Last night the Supper Sisters celebrated Tracy's birthday at Yucatan Taco Stand in Fort Worth. Happy birthday Tracy! Great atmosphere and fantastic food. I highly recommend it if you haven't been... the only two things missing were our Sisters Erika and Ashley. Erika recently moved to Wichita, KS to be with her fiance Thomas. We couldn't be happier for those too but of course missed having her with us! Our very accident prone Ashley, was on a walk and was knocked down by one of her dogs. Our poor girl suffered a concussion from her fall! Her CAT scan came back normal but she has a "killer headache" and is home resting. Get well Ash!

So what is Supper Sisters all about? Our dear friend Tracy is a Breast Cancer survivor and had been in remission for four years. Last September she found out her Cancer spread to her bones, in the areas of her lower back and upper spine. Shortly after this news a group of her close friends decided to take her to dinner to cheer her up and get her mind off of everything that was going on. We took her to Cantina Laredo in Fort Worth and had such a fabulous time that we decided to make our dinners a regular outing. As we were leaving I jokingly suggested we give our new dinner dates a name. Sarah, the comedian of the group, threw out Supper Sisters making us all crack up. Needless to say the name stuck. The Supper Sisters now meet for dinner regularly, always Mexican food and a different place each time.

Back to Tracy. Immediately after finding out the Cancer returned she started treatment to fight back. She completed 30 days of Radiation and continues to have monthly bone strengthening treatments. Fortunately this helped with the pain she was experiencing in her lower back almost immediately. In February she will have another bone scan. Our hopes and prayers are that the Radiation did it's job and she will not need more treatments or Chemotherapy anytime soon. Tracy will live with Cancer for the rest of her life. Tracy is THE strongest person I know. Amazingly the only work that she missed was doctor ordered so that she could heal and recover after having her ovaries removed. The purpose of this surgery was to help stop Cancer from spreading to other areas of her body. In the midst of surgery and treatments Tracy finished #1 in sales for that quarter! (Tracy works with me at History Maker Homes) and finished among the top 3 in sales for 2009, AMAZING! Tracy tried really hard to convince me not to share her accomplishments because it was "embarrassing". I apologized to her but told her I had to brag on her a little bit! Those are things I love about her, she is so humble and also very stubborn, and yes, I love that too. Tracy is not only one of my very best friends but she is also my hero. Tracy and Eric are blessed with great friends and wonderful family to love and support them through the tough times. Please continue to pray for them as they fight this battle.

4 comments:

  1. Supper Sisters is very special to me! I love you girls! I'm so glad to have gotten to know Tracy better, and I consider her a very close friend! Tracy, I may not tell you each time I pray, but I pray for you every single day. Your strength and humility are an inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy is such a sweet girl and Nicolie you are a great friend! The Teague Family lifts you up Tracy and we know GOD is taking care of you honey! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Kacey...Supper Sisters has become something I look forward to in my busy life and I really enjoy the time spent with such special people. I was disappointed that my spill had to interfere with our special outing...especially since it was Tracy's birthday celebration! At least I got to see you girls on Saturday though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet girl. Just found your blog for the first time. Just wanted to say hi! Congrats on your engagement! Glad that you guys have dinners like that - good friends are the best medicine! :)

    ReplyDelete